Pre-Class Survey (Please complete by Monday, Sep 12 at 3 pm EST)
- Etsy Pre-Class Survey (10 questions, should take no more than 5-10 minutes)
- Etsy Agenda & Exercise Instructions – All Sessions
- Etsy Instructions to Copy Exercises to Your Google Drive v02
- Etsy Ignite & Formula Deep Dive Shortcuts – Session 01
- Etsy Ignite & Formula Deep Dive Shortcuts – Session 02
- Etsy Ignite & Formula Deep Dive Shortcuts – Session 03
This training will be taught using Google Sheets on a Mac computer. Having said that, the material is mostly transferable to both PC users as well as Microsoft Excel users. The shortcuts and user interface in the training may differ slightly, but the concepts are the same.
Google Chrome – Preferred Web Browser
Although any web browser can run Google Sheets, in order to ensure a smooth training experience, every participant is strongly recommended to use Google Chrome. To ensure you have the latest version of Google Chrome follow the steps in this help article to Update Google Chrome.
- If possible, it is strongly recommended to NOT use WiFi during the training sessions, since it may not provide a reliable connection.
- Instead, connect your computer to your modem/router using an ethernet cable for the highest speed and most reliable connection.
- You may use a laptop or a desktop computer for this class, but because of the nature of the class and the hands on exercises, you may NOT use an iPad, tablet, or smartphone.
- If using a laptop, don’t forget your power charger so you do not run out of battery! (Sadly, it has happened before).
Zoom – Video Call Software
- If you do not already have a Zoom account, please sign up for a free account here: https://zoom.us
- If you do not already have the desktop Zoom client software installed on your computer, please do so here: https://zoom.us/download
- To ensure you have the latest version of the desktop Zoom client software, please follow the steps in this help article to update Zoom.
- Be considerate: Please be considerate of other participants by turning off the TV, music, or any other background noise that you can control.
- Headphones/Earphones: You must use headphones/earphones during the class, to avoid distracting echos.
- Close all other programs: Please close all other programs except for Zoom and Excel during the class. Not only will your computer run more smoothly, but in case you decide to share your screen, you will avoid potentially embarrassing moments (unfortunately, it has also happened before).